Sunday, October 4, 2009

The Loc Journey Begins.


Many individuals start loc's in their hair everyday. Why read this blog? Hopefully, I will share something in my journey that may help someone or teach someone. I plan to record the transitions in my hair and more importantly in my life. The reactions others have to my hair, there will be some, because I have had people make comments in the nappy loose stage.

I would like to share my thoughts on this new stage of my life, with you dear reader.

I decided not to count my two-strand twists, because I do not think the number is important. I also deliberately left my scalp area fuzzy (receiving negative comments on that already). I wore my loose hair wild and free when out and I plan to do the same for my loc's. I installed them and I will be maintaining the loc's. Time involved around 3 hours.

Not sure how often I will post pics of my hair, it depends on how my hair is behaving. I do know that I could not leave my hair braided with some what open ends (during my loose hair days) as I would see small knots within 7 days. I guess those are called buds, a good thing from what I have read. So in 2 weeks I hope to have a bud or two. I will tell you that I have been growing my hair for just under 3 years at this point in time. (34 months)

They say the third time is the charm, I sometimes wished I had loc'ed back when I did my second big chop in the summer of 2002 and stayed away from the creamy crack. Until Fall of 2005.
© 2009 Twisted Weeve.

No comments:

Post a Comment